Saturday, July 17, 2010
Circle Time!
Since I've been home with Drew, I've had some trouble being all by myself all the time. As a result I seem to schedule the day like I did as a teacher: breakfast, play time, Circle Time (songs & books), outside time, lunch, nap etc. and it makes the day go by really fast! Of course the schedule is not really a schedule with a 2 month old, and we do different things everyday. But the broken up activities help me feel like I've gotten something accomplished every day. The wash and dinner won't always get done, but at least Drew had a fun filled day. I'll get there soon with the other chores, I'm working on it. I'm not a crazy teacher-mom (I don't tell Drew that it's Circle Time or anything), I just like to know that Drew isn't just sitting in his bouncy seat while I clean the house all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
A great idea! I love it! The house can wait. Lucky guy!
Hi Em! I'll probably follow your blog more over the next couple of months being home, as well. Thanks for starting it!
Em, so glad you started this. Post more pictures of Baby Drew! By the way, I have no recollection of setting this blog up...?
Love it too, and great perspective on chores! If you and Drew ever need another outting or distraction, let me know! Milo and I could meet you somewhere or come to Columbus...! What?!?! Oh, yeah, we're in the same state now!!
Hi Em! Great start to the blog! I'm sure you are well on your way to becoming an "expert" parent, at least as much of an expert as anyone else is! And yeah, who wants to do laundry anyway?
Scheduling those times are as important for you a they are for Drew. It helps keep you aware of where you are in the day and what you have done. You don't sound like crazy teacher-mom yet but there is still time
When I had a 2 month old, I felt it was just snack-time, snack-time, followed by snack-time! Great way to look at your day! Love ya, Mom
PS Please, Em and Meg . . . get together soon!!
Post a Comment