Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Art Workshop







When I was a teacher I did painted hand prints ALL the time with my class. If Drew was in daycare he would already have a bunch by now, so I felt a rush to get him caught up! We went to the store and got paint and some new makers and crayons for Drew's first "Art Workshop". He has colored with crayons before but not with paint. I took off his clothes and let him free with the markers that were shaped like paint brushes. He mostly did his own knee and the floor, but he did manage to get some on the paper. Then I got out the paint and did his hand prints on the paper that he did crayons on. The store was out of paint brushes for kids so I let him use a real one of Logan's. He kept wanting other colors and it was fun to see him get into it. Now he points to the basket of crayons and knows he sits on the floor to color. I realize we need to get him a little table or something to do more stuff on. But he is still only 1 and has plenty of time to explore his creativity. I call this his first "Art Workshop" only to be silly since it was his first time with paint, but maybe his second one will be exploring with play dough or chalk of some kind and I can just continue calling them workshops for fun :) Now our fridge looks much better with room for lots more of his masterpieces!

Happy 15 Months Old Drew! I'm so proud to be your Mama!

No comments: