Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Coffee Break
Back in junior high I clearly remember my mom saying after McGrails (our best friends) moved away, "I wish I could have a cup of coffee with Kris today!" For some reason this never made sense to me until today. Since my mom drinks tea, I thought it was weird that she said coffee. I mean, why not just say, "I miss her!" or "I wish we could hang out". Today I realized why. When you are a parent, "having a cup of coffee" really means "peace and quiet with no kids". It is nearly impossible to enjoy a cup of coffee and have a conversation when you have kids around. I reheated my cup of coffee this morning 4 times before I finished it. And of course I'm always worried Drew will knock it over or I will spill it while I'm holding him and have to chug it down as fast as I can. Even when I went out for coffee with my friend, my coffee still got ignored with Drew in my lap. Don't get me wrong, I love my little guy to death, but I'm just saying that I understand my mom now. I understand the longing to just sit with a friend and forget you are moms and just concentrate on being friends while you sip your coffee. I look forward to seeing my mom and Kris together this weekend since they are coming for Drew's baby dedication. I am excited to share this day with some of Drew's favorite people including pretty much everyone in the tri state area :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen sister! Take advantage of grandmas and grandpas this weekend/week and enjoy a few cups of coffee. I have the sneaking suspicion you won't be doing much holding of your little guy! Too many people to fight over him ;)
We had such a great time! Looking forward to more cups of coffee this summer in Cape May.
You need to work on "being boring" as they get a little older! love and miss you all kris
P.S. did you remember to ask Sherri for her pickled okra recipe? I haven't pickled in a long time, but they are worth getting my jars out again!!! k
Post a Comment