Monday, October 18, 2010

Who needs sleep anyway?


We are a little cranky around here due to lack of sleep. Drew was doing pretty good and now we are having a rough time. Last night, he woke up at 9ish, 12, 2, 5, and then finally at 6:30am I got up. Logan has been amazing soothing him at night since I stopped feeding him at 2am two weeks ago. Now we are wondering, is he hungry or is he just used to getting us to visit him? We let him cry, but it doesn't work because he has to be changed or plugged etc. I can't read any more books on baby sleep or I'm gonna go crazy. All I know is they all say how if you don't help them now it will make them poor sleepers forever!(one study showed college kids sleep habits were the same as when they were babies) This is the first time I really thought about how much the first born child gets messed up with new parents. He gets a lot of attention, but not by experienced parents. We don't know what the heck we are doing, and I think he knows it! I wonder why God didn't just send a little manual with Drew when he was born (I'm sure I'm the first one to think of that :) Good thing Drew is so cute and smiley in the morning, it makes it easy to forget the nights.

No comments: